Martes, Pebrero 24, 2015

Interview With IAFT Acting Alumni and now Filmmaking student, Christian Lat

IAFT Acting Alumni and now Filmmaking student, Christian Lat is from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and filmmaking is one of his passions. He is part of Wolfpac Films, a group that supports young indie filmmakers.

He had also garnered awards with his films. Last January, he won as Best Actor at the 2015 Sinulog Film Festival.

Lat Of IAFT Film School



2015

• Sinulog Entry – Salamat Lo’ – Best Actor and 5 nominations Best Picture, Best Director, Best Editing, Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress

• Sinulog Entry – Guso Business – Nominated for Supporting Actor



2014

• SPARTA XLII Ottawa, Canada Entry – OFW – Best Picture, Best Story and Best Visual

• 48-Hour Challenge Entry – Pusong Sawi – Top 8

• Sinulog Entry- Nino – 6 nominations (Best Picture, Best Director, Best Story, Best Editing, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor)

Hear what Christian has to say about his chosen career and about IAFT.


How did you learn about IAFT and what made you choose IAFT for your film education?

When I arrived in the Philippines, then first thing I did was looking for a good acting school. One day I went to an IAFT open house in Saint Benilde and shortly after, I called to my mom and told her I was going to Cebu and that’s that. I chose IAFT because they showed a variety of impressive films and how its programs that actually allows you to be in front of a camera while working with them.


Why did you decide to pursue filmmaking?

The pursued filming because I always had a love for the arts and I saw filmmaking as an outlet to express all my thoughts. It’s the only thing I can see myself continually pursuing. This country has given me so much and it will always be my home. There are so many stories to tell about this country and I want to be one of the people to let the world know about these amazing untold stories. I want tell these stories as a writer, actor, director, any form possible really!



FIlm School




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento